Compassionate Family Law Attorney Providing Representation to Clients in Poughkeepsie and Throughout the Hudson Valley Area
Finding the right Poughkeepsie family lawyer
At the Law Office of Christopher S. Coleman, PLLC, we handle family law disputes involving child custody, visitation, child support, family offenses and other such matters. We realize that family law issues require the utmost sensitivity and discretion, as well as compassionate and forceful representation.
Since family law disputes can be complicated, you must hire the right attorney to represent you. Some attributes you should look for when choosing a family law attorney:
- Experience: When facing a family law dispute, you have a lot to lose. You cannot afford to hire an attorney who has little or no experience in this area of the law. The lawyer you hire must be familiar with family law cases.
- Knowledge: Look for family attorneys who are well-educated and thoroughly understand family law. New York laws and regulations are constantly changing, so you need an attorney with up-to-date knowledge to stand by your side.
- Tenacity: You must retain a lawyer who is prepared to fight aggressively for you.
- Trust: Lastly, you must feel comfortable discussing all aspects of your case with your attorney, and have confidence in his or her ability to represent you.
Defending the rights of family members facing domestic violence charges in Poughkeepsie and throughout the Hudson Valley area
If you are accused of domestic violence, you must retain legal assistance immediately. At the Law Office of Christopher S. Coleman, PLLC, we are prepared to fight hard to defend your rights. We realize that a domestic violence charge can have dire repercussions on your life, your family, your job and your reputation. In addition to facing possible jail time, you may face other consequences of equal or greater importance to you.
You may have heard that domestic violence is a crime of moral turpitude. But what exactly does this mean? It means that society as a whole views acts of domestic abuse with great contempt. Conviction for domestic violence is likely to cause trouble in your personal life. Friends and family may be ashamed of your behavior and you could even lose your job.
Below are additional consequences of a domestic violence conviction:
Family law attorney serving Poughkeepsie and the Hudson Valley area
At the Law Office of Christopher S. Coleman, PLLC, we stop at nothing when it comes to protecting your rights. We realize that a family law dispute or domestic violence charge can have far-reaching consequences on your life, and we are prepared to fight for your rights. To find out more about our services or to speak to a highly qualified lawyer, contact us today by phone at 845-454-2569 or via our online form.
Learn about our Law Firm
- Criminal Defense Overview
- DWI Traffic Offenses
- Business Law and Commercial
- Residential Real Estate
- Civil Litigation and Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Estate Planning