Estate Planning Attorney Providing Representation to Clients in Poughkeepsie and Throughout the Hudson Valley Area
Advising you on estate matters in Poughkeepsie and throughout the Hudson Valley area
Diligent, experienced and knowledgeable, attorney Christopher Coleman advises clients on proper estate planning procedures and creates sound legal documents that detail their wishes. We understand that planning your estate is a personal matter, and we want to give you the patient guidance and advice you deserve.
We look forward to assisting you with the following estate planning matters:
- Simple will: A will is the most basic form of estate planning. This document details what happens to your property and assets after your death. We can help you create a will that is as detailed as you want it to be. It is important to have an attorney assist you with creating a will, because if not executed correctly, the document may be deemed invalid in the eyes of the court.
- Power of attorney: In the event that you are injured or incapacitated, a power of attorney allows someone else to manage the affairs of your life. A power of attorney can be temporary or permanent.
- Living will: If you suffer an illness or injury that prevents you from communicating, a living will informs your doctors and loved ones about what type of medical care you want to receive, as well as what type of medical care you do not want to receive.
- Health care proxy: Under the New York Health Care Proxy Law, you have the right to choose someone you trust to make decisions on your behalf if you are disabled and unable to communicate your wishes.
Knowledgeable Poughkeepsie and Hudson Valley area estate planning lawyer
Careful estate planning is the most important step you can take to protect your property and assets in the event of your death. It begins by choosing an experienced lawyer. At the Law Office of Christopher S. Coleman, PLLC, we have the knowledge and skill to assist you at every step of planning what becomes of your estate. Additionally, we are prepared to carefully review your situation and create a comprehensive plan for your estate that considers your future and that of your heirs.
Dedicated estate planning help in Poughkeepsie and throughout the Hudson Valley area
At the Law Office of Christopher S. Coleman, PLLC, we understand that planning your estate does more than just give you peace of mind — it is vital to protect your family. We want to provide you with the experienced guidance you deserve. To find out more about our services, or to speak to a highly qualified lawyer, contact us today by phone at 845-454-2569 or via our online form.
Learn about our Law Firm
- Criminal Defense Overview
- DWI Traffic Offenses
- Business Law and Commercial
- Residential Real Estate
- Civil Litigation and Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Estate Planning