Highly Qualified DWI and Traffic Attorney Providing Representation to Clients in Poughkeepsie and Throughout the Hudson Valley Area
Helping you fight back in Poughkeepsie and throughout the Hudson Valley
If you are stopped for a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated, or “DUI” as it is referred to in some other states), Driving While Ability Impaired, Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs or any other traffic violation, you have options. Most people who are stopped for these offenses believe there is nothing they can do but accept the punishment doled out by the court. At the Law Office of Christopher S. Coleman, PLLC, we work hard to help clients minimize the impact of DWI and traffic offense charges. We have extensive experience in these areas of law, we know which strategies work and we are highly skilled when it comes to negotiating with the prosecution.
What to do if you are stopped for a DWI or traffic violation
When police stop you, there are several steps you can take to reduce the chances of receiving a traffic citation or being arrested for a DWI. If police stop you for a DWI or traffic offense, you should do the following:
- Remain calm: Law enforcement officers are suspicious of nervous individuals. It is important that you remain calm. Additionally, be polite and respectful to police officers at all times.
- Speak as little as possible: Police officers are trained to listen for slurred speech and to smell alcohol. By speaking as little as possible, or only when spoken to, you can reduce the chances that an officer will suspect you have been drinking.
- Don’t argue with police: If officers are determined to give you a ticket, they will. Arguing will not help your case.
- Keep your glove box clean: It is always a good idea to have your glove box organized and clean. In the event that you are stopped for a DWI, you can quickly locate and retrieve your insurance and registration.
- Contact an attorney: Your best defense against a DWI or traffic citation is to contact an experienced and knowledgeable DWI lawyer as soon as possible.
Straightforward legal guidance for DWIs and traffic offenses
The Law Office of Christopher S. Coleman, PLLC takes on DWI and traffic violation cases on a daily basis. We know the law and we know what works. Furthermore, we will always provide you with an honest assessment of your case.
Contact us for skilled assistance with DWI and traffic violations in Poughkeepsie and throughout the Hudson Valley area
You can fight back if stopped for a DWI or traffic offense in New York. At the Law Office of Christopher S. Coleman, PLLC, we have the experience and knowledge to assist you in beating a DWI charge or traffic ticket. For more information on our services, contact us today by phone at 845-454-2569 or via our online form.
Learn about our Law Firm
- Criminal Defense Overview
- DWI Traffic Offenses
- Business Law and Commercial
- Residential Real Estate
- Civil Litigation and Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Estate Planning