Buying and Selling a Business in Poughkeepsie and Throughout the Hudson Valley Area
Experienced legal guidance for current and future business owners
Before you purchase a business or merge another into your existing entity, it is important to thoroughly research the new entity’s business practices and assets/liabilities. The same is true when you are selling a business. The Law Office of Christopher S. Coleman, PLLC can perform a full assessment of an impending business transaction and give sound, reliable business advice.
What are mergers and acquisitions?
At our law firm, we believe in informing our clients about the law. Whether you are buying a business in Poughkeepsie and the Hudson Valley area or selling one, we are prepared to explain the details of the transaction to you in an easily accessible manner.
Below is information on mergers and acquisitions:
- Merger: A “merger” combines two (or more) businesses into one, requiring proper asset valuation and careful planning and determination of responsibilities and liabilities after the merger.
- Acquisition: An “acquisition” can take place in one of two ways: The purchaser can buy the selling company’s assets, or the purchaser can buy the selling company’s stock and take over the business itself. Acquisitions require careful planning, determination of responsibilities and liabilities after the sale, and proper asset valuation.
Once you decide to sell your business or to purchase or merge with another business, you will need the assistance of a qualified business attorney. We work with you to structure your transaction, through the “due diligence“ period and ultimately to closing and a successful ownership transfer or merger.
Guidance you can trust
At the Law Office of Christopher S. Coleman, PLLC, we are proud to represent small and mid-sized businesses, business owners and entrepreneurs. Whether you are selling or buying a business, we can help and guide you through the process.
Business law advice in Poughkeepsie and throughout the Hudson Valley area
At the Law Office of Christopher S. Coleman, PLLC, we realize that buying or selling a business is an exciting experience, but we also know that it can be complicated and even stressful. Hardworking and experienced, we are prepared to provide you with the hard work and guidance you need to complete a successful business transaction. For more information on our services, contact us today by phone at 845-454-2569 or via our online form.
Learn about our Law Firm
- Criminal Defense Overview
- DWI Traffic Offenses
- Business Law and Commercial
- Residential Real Estate
- Civil Litigation and Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Estate Planning